A well-run BnB or guesthouse very much depends on your ability to get along with all types of people. The better your connection and hosting skills, the more repeat business and referrals will come your way.
Here are 7 easy tips to help you craft a unique and memorable guest experience that is sure to boost your ratings!
- Make your guests feel welcome from the time they make the booking. Taking down details correctly and communicating check-in times, meal times and other important information beforehand, conveys an image of professionalism about your establishment.
- Make sure you cater for all dietary requirements. Ask your visitors about their preferences before they arrive.
- When guests arrive, a warm and friendly welcome at the front door is sure to make them feel valued, important and cared for.
- Give your guests space and time to settle in. Offer them a light snack and drink after they have unpacked and be sure to ask whether they want to have it in their room or in your dining area.
- Have an information pack ready with details about your establishment. Include maps and activities in the area, a list of restaurants, and places of interest.
- Make sure your visitors know that they should ask if they need something, like more linen, a blanket, and iron and ironing board.
- If guests want to get to know you better, be open to it. You are a unique individual and your home, your town and your interests make the stay special.
Remember, word of mouth is the best way to attract more guests and repeat visitors to your BnB or guesthouse. Make a positive impression!
Did you know that H&L offers insurance for BnBs and guesthouses? Email us to request a quote: firstname.lastname@example.org